This week’s recipes are simple & savvy, with lots of seasonal root vegetables, greens & ingredients to help make eating healthily sustainable.
* Berry BK Oatmeal is a savvy and swift recipe that uses our muesli mix to help make your mornings easy and healthy.
* Buying frozen berries is an affordable and sustainable way to eat your medicine and enjoy flavourful berries picked in their prime growing season all year round. The vitamins + nutrient density of the berries is the best as they are frozen straight after picking.
* The cookies are low sugar using apple sauce to sweetened with a touch of maple; add raw sugar if you need more sweetness
* The noodle cups are a grown-up + healthy spin on the classic 2-minute noodles. This recipe is almost as fast, equally satisfying, and a real food-as-medicine meal. If the bone broth is part of your diet, this is a perfect recipe for using homemade bone broth for a quick go-to meal.
* MISO is fermented soybean paste. Fermented foods have gut-healthful bacteria. Miso has both beneficial prebiotic insoluble fibre + probiotic properties. PRESERVE those beneficial bacteria by stirring miso into hot broth and noodles; don’t boil miso.
*Ginger is a powerful plant rhizome full of anti-inflammatory, antiviral properties, warming, and a great digestive aid.
* Oven-roasted chunky root vegetable fries with dip make a healthy meal with a relaxed and fun Friday night kind of vibe! Great with Greens + Cashew Cream or Mustard Yoghurt
* All recipes can be adjusted - see chef tips at the bottom of each recipe and use what you have, prefer and need for your specifc dietary requirements ~ we are all different.
* The Rosti make a great brunch or supper giving you a simple way to up-cycle your leftover roasted veg into tasty bites!
Wishing you vibrant health ~ Chef Karina Hines