This week's seasonal living patch-to-plate recipes embrace garlic scapes, the last of the asparagus spears and more strawberry love. As always, the recipes use anti-inflammatory, whole-food, sensible, affordable ingredients and offer easy ways to help you use food as medicine every day.
If you need a little food inspiration with what to eat this week... try these easy healthy seasonal recipes.
- DIY a real strawberry kefir smoothie; high in vitamin C + gut-healthy probiotics and sugar-additives-free.
- Cook tangy rhubarb with strawberries for a lovely bright compote that is sugar-free.
- Savoury protein-rich whole food muffins made with cooked quinoa, asparagus, greens and eggs.
- The baked risotto recipe cuts down standing at the stove stirring time and delivers on flavour and texture, giving you a nice light risotto loaded with greens.
- Lentil salad is packed with plant-based protein + antioxidants; swap ingredients for what's in season + what you have.
- This curry spice marinade mixes it up a bit and adds some great depth of flavour + anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties from the spices and herbs ~ simple ways to use food as medicine daily!