Ringing in a new year full of new beginnings and possibilities; wishing you vibrant health, abundant joy and happiness throughout the coming year.
- Fresh Cranberry, Orange & Ginger Fizz - Cheers to a festive glass of goodness! A blend of fresh cranberries, orange and ginger topped with bubbles ~ sparkling water, apple juice, kombucha, wine, prosecco or champagne; makes for a fun and festive mocktail or cocktail. Use either fresh ginger, crystallized ginger or preserved stem ginger. A celebratory drink with benefits; ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory, fresh oranges + cranberries are high in vitamin C. Cranberries are healing for the urinary tract and help to lower blood sugar.
- Blueberry Banana Blender Pancakes - Delicious, healthy and nutrient-dense pancakes made in a blender with basic ingredients ~banana, oats + berries! You don’t need to add sugar, refined starches, or oils; the banana + oats make it work; add an egg or make vegan; your choice!
- Winter Citrus Salad with Pomegranate - A dessert dedicated to celebrating the sweet-sour juicy, tasty citrus season! Winter is citrus season, and just when we all need a mouthful of sunshine and a vitamin boost, mother nature provides!!!
- Thai Red Kabocha Pumpkin Curry with Chickpeas & Spinach - A gorgeous warming vegetable curry full of all those great Thai style flavours~ you can’t go wrong with this recipe; it’s a crowd-pleaser for sure and can be made in advance ~; as with all good curries, it is better the next day.
- Spicy Turkey Chilli is a perfect one-pot wonder loaded with vegetables, herbs, warming and grounding spices. I have made this recipe many times; full disclosure, I have rarely measured it out! It changes by season, ingredients, spices on hand, the vibe in the moment ~ adjust it to suit your taste and pantry.
- Chocolate Sunflower Seed & Walnut Truffles - These nourishing bites feel like a celebration ~ a grain-free, high protein snack rich in fibre, iron, magnesium, omega 3’s; they are raw and vegan. If you use food as medicine to help balance your hormones and add more fibre to your diet, these will become a fast favourite.
Cheers 🥂and happy new year wishes of abundant joy & vibrant health!
Chef Karina Hines